Re: 1296

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1296
From: EDENMA@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:48:49 EST
Both BillG and Kevin are correct!  My wife's 73 has the smaller holes in the
flywheel but so did my 74 when I took the 1500 out to install the GT6 engine.
However, another 74 parts car I had a few years back had the big holes Joe
was talking about.  Mid 74 was when they switched to the single rail box from
the three rail box.  It appears to me that the earlier box (3 rail) used the
flywheel with the smaller holes and the later boxes (single rail) used the
flywheel with the larger holes.  Interestingly enough, my 74 had a three rail
box
with a J type overdrive rather than the more common D type!  Go figure!

Best Regards,

Mark