needed, good reliable 1500 spit engine

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: needed, good reliable 1500 spit engine
From: "Todd france" <triumphspitfire74@lycos.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:27:34 -1000
 hi there,

    I've been on this list befroe but haven't vivsted for some time because
quite frankly AOL SUCKS: P

 but that's anoither thing all together, I'll try to make this shoort and
brief, cause this computer sucks, once again another story:). anyhow i have a
74 spit with a 80 engine in it with a bad bottom end, i do plan on rebulilding
it, but i know this will take some time and probible trial and error, since i
have never taken on such a project... The thing is, I'm mioving to the city
soon for college and better work opurtunity, and really need an engine in this
car, as believe it or not the lil spit is my most reliable car, or will be
rather..... So I'm hoping maybe someone here has a nice good used reliable 1500
engine(or new, I wish!! :P  ) which they are not too attached to and might
consider letting go for a reasonable price, what's a reasonable price, I don't
know you tell me, I'm not a rich man, so please don't be offended if you offer
me what may be a great deal and I say "sorry no". I have a good carb, header,
and even a good head, if need be, although I'd really rather n
ot deal with that mess rigfht now, but the clock is a tickin and I really can't
afford to be picky right now.

   thanks for any and all of your help, also I am in Oregon state, so please
only respond if you're in a fairly close sate, unless you know of a
miraculously cheap shipping method.

    Todd and his lil yellow spit!