Removing the Sump with a Pacesetter Header

To: Spitfire Digest <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing the Sump with a Pacesetter Header
From: Adam Rodnitzky <arodnitzky@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:10:53 -0800 (PST)
One other thing I meant to mention as a tip. I have
the Pacesetter header fitted to my car. This gets in
the way of removing 3 oil pan bolts on the right hand
side of the car. My solution was to use a 1/4" drive
socket with a 6" thin extension and u-joint attachment
on the end to which the 1/2" socket was attached. I
went in from in front or behind the header (depending
on the bolt to be removed) at about a 45 degree angle
and used the u-joint to level the socket with the nut.
Worked like a charm for both removal and refitting.
This will definitely save time if you need to remove
the sump but don't want to remove the header.

Adam
'70 Spitfire Mk3