I should have known... V.B. and the wrong parts - twice no

To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: I should have known... V.B. and the wrong parts - twice no
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:41:31 -0500
Oh well.... I should have known not to order from V.B. ... (idiots)

I ordered a dash coverlay for Thirteen (my '67 MKIII Spit)
...sure enough...I received a cover that is flat across the front....
not with the little 'bump out' of the earlier dashes.

So I call them up... and explain the problem.  They say they
will check the difference and ship another one no charge. (and
for me to ship the other back and they' even return s/h$$ charges)

So the second one arrives today. And of course... it's the same damn
wrong unit. No bump out in the middle.  I call 'em back.... and yep...
the service person even reads back the instructions from the first
call about the problem, describing what it was that was different.

So now I've got two to send back.  It's obvious they are either
stocking the overlays under the wrong part numbers, or both
numbers (15-174 and 15-175) are simply the same part
under two different part numbers. And the idiots there don't know
(or care) about the difference.

So as usual... buyers beware.

I had planned to cover over the dash with vinyl cloth anyway
(just like I did on Big Red) but the orig dash top is so torn up
I needed a smooth surface under the vinyl, so I figured I use
a coverlay (as I had done on Big Red)

Any ideas of a material to used to get a good flat surface on top,
before I cover it in vinyl?

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com