Re: Foil faced carpet underpad

To: llst <llst@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: Foil faced carpet underpad
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:18:19 -0500
Ideally you would avoid letting it get wet.  Any convertible would have this
problem, BTW).  You wouldn't lose much by simply not using any underpadding.
The car would be a bit noisier when the the top is up or the hardtop is
installed.
Clean up and paint any rusty spots on the floorpans before installing  the
carpet,
so they don't get worse if they are damp.

Also, if you are forced the leave the car outside in the rain (with the top up,
hopefully),
remove the two rubber plugs in the front floorpans.  Then most of the water
that gets in will
drain out.  Otherwise, you could have a pond in there.

Doug Braun
'72 SPit