"Adjustable" roll bar?

To: "NASS" <nass@yahoogroups.com>, "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Adjustable" roll bar?
From: "Bill Gingerich" <wrgingerich@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:33:09 -0600
Greetings, Fellow Listers.

I've been thinking about putting a roll bar in the Spit.  Has anyone ever
seen an "adjustable" bar?  I'm tall enough that if the car rolled, a street
bar would hit the ground at the same time as my head.  Sounds rather
painful!  So, a taller bar would be good.  However, I'd also like to use my
soft top without all sorts of funky modifications.  Perhaps something using
telescoping tubing?

As always, thanks for your input.

BillG
'74 Spitfire "Lazarus"
'73 Spitfire "Rip Van Spitfire"
'71 GT6 "Dorian 'Primer' Grey"
'76 Spitfire, partially stripped "Gypsy" (pending pickup)
'71 GT6, damaged, "Crunch" (pending pickup)