Re: driveshafts

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: driveshafts
From: "Joe Guinan" <spitfirejoe@email.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:33:33 +0800
If I had t o BUY a different driveshaft, I'd probably use the one in hand with
the CV joint.  If I had both in hand, I think I'd use the one with two UJ's
instead.  The CVJ  is "rebuildable", but not without some creativity and
ambition.  Replacing UJ's gets to be an easy chore once you've done a few.

I got a bad vibration after I renewed the UJ in my CVJ drive shaft and
remounted it in the car.  John Kipping told me to flip it end for end, and the
result was no more vibration.  They are typically installed with the CVJ to the
front when new, but John said the recommendation from the factory was to
reverse them if you ever had them out.  I don't know why this worked, just know
that it did.

Joe Guinan
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm