front spindle

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: front spindle
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 19:24:15 -0500
I am putting my frame together. One of my new parts is the wheel bearing kit.
I remember past discussions about the felt washer. It was supposed to rub on
the spindle base. The kit I have, has the felt washer glued to a metal cup.
This cup is thinner metal than all the others I have removed and is larger in
diameter. It looks like I will screw it up if I try to seat it in the hub in
place of the bearing retainer I removed. Is it supposed to fit in the original
bearing retainer, with the thin metal cup against the base of the spindle?

Larry