Camber Compensator with Monza Exhaust

To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>, <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Camber Compensator with Monza Exhaust
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 18:38:07 -0700
I have long suspected that the Monza exhaust could be easily modified to
work with the camber compensator.  Today I proved it.

I have procrastinated in installing the camber compensator on Huxley
because I knew that the standard Monza exhaust would interfere with the
installation of the CC.

After autocrossing the car at Triumphest, I realized that the swing
spring was just not cutting it so today I installed a CC and then
proceeded to modify the Monza.

It was really very easy and inexpensive to do.  The main exhaust pipe
must be cut behind the main muffler and about 9 inches removed in order
to move the "Y" pipe that splits the exhaust behind the diff so the
center bracket can be installed.

Once that is done, the 2 pipes behind the "Y" are routed over the CC
spring component.  About 9 inches must be added to each pipe to relocate
the resonators to where they were originally.

I had to add a hanger to the "Y" in order to keep the pipe high enough
that the spring component does not hit the pipe in a turn.

It worked out great.

Regards,
Joe