calipers

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: calipers
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 13:46:58 -0500
I took two pair of calipers apart. All were corroded to some extent. Two look
usable, the corrosion is at the very bottom of the cylinder or at the top of
the piston. I split the calipers so I could get a wire wheel in the cylinders
and clean up the muck. Why aren't the seals between the two halves included in
a brake kit? Was splitting the calipers a bad thing?

I have one pair of calipers left, not split, but one has a very strange
bleeder repair. The bleeder looks like a radiator drain.

Larry