RE: calipers

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: calipers
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:00:07 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
If you don't split the calipers, it's a real b**** getting that cylinder hone
in there.  I have never had one leak when I reassembled it.  If it's going to
leak, it will be at the piston seal since it is a moving part.
Dave

I believe that it is officially "not recommended" to split the calipers,
which is why the o-ring between them is not included in the kits.  Still,
that hasn't stopped a number of Spit owners succcessfully splitting and
re-assembling their calipers.  I believe most have re-used the old o-ring,
I'm not sure if anyone has found a satisfactory replacement but they may
well have.