Oil Filter Observation

To: "Spitfires@autox.team.net" <Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil Filter Observation
From: "R.D. Waid" <waids@usfamily.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:39:56 -0500
Over the years I've been experimneting with different brands of oil
filters, with an eye toward finding one which would minimize the amount
of drainback so that the engine oil pressure builds ASAP after starting.
  This fall I put in a Motorcraft FL2005 with a silicone rubber
anti-drainback valve (as touted on the box). This is a definite
improvement over the Purolator, Fram, and Delco filters I've used in
previous years with my 1296 engine. Am seeing very fast oil pressure
build (based on the oil pressure light response and gauge response), and
no clatter on startup as was experienced with the other filters when
started after an extended period (couple of days). Note that the FL2005
does not completely cover the  gasket land on the mounting base on the
engine, but I have had no leak problems.

Bob Waid
71 Mark IV