Re: zerk

To: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: zerk
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 16:16:58 -0500
In the factory (or Bentley) service manual, item #43 on page 10.00.17
says:

  1: Wipe clean plug and surrounding area.
  2: Remove the plug.
  3: Fit a suitable grease nipple to the plug hole.
  4: Apply a grease gun to the nipple, and stroke for 5 times only.

  CAUTION: Over greasing can cause damage to the rubber bellows.

You could jam in a tapered-thread grease fitting and leave it in place,
but it might not properly hold the ground wire terminals that are under it.

Doug