Re: zerk

To: <doug@dougbraun.com>,
Subject: Re: zerk
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:23:54 -0600
I'm just speculating, since I don't have any parts earlier than '73, but it
looks like the early racks had a grease fitting opposite of the steering
shaft and were probably BSP tapered and all that. The plug in the cap on my
'73 rack is not tapered.

I would drill it and rethread it, if I could get the damn cap off. I don't
have a 1 5/16" wrench. It's on so tight my big pliers slip and I don't want
a chewed up part on my rebuild. A 1 5/16" socket is probably $20.00. Money,
money, money!!!!

Larry