Re: Rack

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rack
From: EDENMA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 14:20:26 EST
I have both poly and aluminum rack mounts on two separate cars.  I
personally prefer the aluminum mounts as they have a good solid feel and
because  I had
an early set of poly mounts wear out relatively quickly in the past.   I
have, however, had no problem with the current poly mounts installed two  years
ago purchased at one of my local shops.  (I think they were from  TRF.)

I have not hit a curb in nearly 25 years, and vigorously avoid potholes
whenever possible, so the concerns some may have about the steering box  damage
are not of particular concern to me.  I can see, and  would concede, that if
you
are not very careful about how you  drive this might be a valid concern.

Cheers!

Mark