Rack

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rack
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 20:00:09 -0600
I just got the new gaiters on the steering rack. I'm surprised the subject
never came up before. I greased the rack up, turning it lock to lock, and put
a nice blob of grease on both the inner ball joints. By the time I decided the
rubber bellows, gaiters, wouldn't stretch over the impeding objects with
fingers and a screwdriver, all the grease was on my hands and all the outside
surfaces. I cut some plastic strips and made a funnel to get the gaiters on
but now it will need more grease.

No one replied to my question about poly steering rack mount bushings versus
solid aluminum steering rack mounts. I decided on the poly then changed my
mind. After considering the tape and nylon plug situation, I changed my mind
about using the aluminum mounts. Now I can't decide.

Larry