Re: Swapping transmissions

To: "M D \"Doc\" Nugent" <docnugent@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Swapping transmissions
From: fpspitfire@insightbb.com
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:10:31 +0000
Doc,

Flywheel issues will be had.  You'll need to find a newer flywheel and bolt it
to the older engine.  Use the early flywheel bolts with a spacing collar
around them to seat the 1500 flywheel (I can't remember who sells them...spit
bits maybe?).  Then just make sure you use the right clutch friction disc for
the gearbox and the right pressure plate for the flywheel.

--
All the best
Aaron Johnson
#38 FP Spitfire Mk4 Southern Illinois Region SCCA
http://www.geocities.com/spitracer9