Charging woes

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Charging woes
From: "Paul Meyer" <paulfmeyer@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:02:57 -0500
Hi Listers.

I recently replaced the alternator on my '78 Spitfire.  I got the unit from
Spitbits, and installation was no problem.  Since putting the Weber carb on
the car, the idle speed is slightly lower during warm up, so I noticed that
the red ingnition light was on for a few moments, then would go out.  I've
heard this story before, but eventually the light stayed on longer at each
start, and now stays on.  After filling up recently, I turned the key and
got a very slow turnover.  Luckily it started, but I'm bummed.  Can I repair
something in this alternator? or do I chuck it and go GM after the Christmas
bills are paid (read next spring).

Paul F. Meyer

Home Phone:    781-551-8574
Cell Phone:       781-801-3170