Converting GT6 trans to J type overdrive.

To: SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com, triumph-gt6-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Converting GT6 trans to J type overdrive.
From: idhtfts@rogers.com
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 01:21:25 -0500
Hi everyone and happy New Year!

Anyone have experience converting a 71 GT6 Mk3 4 speed to utilize a
J-type overdrive?

What internals have to be changed besides the main shaft?
Any frame bodges required beside a new rear mount plate?

I have a D-type shortened Gt6 drive shaft - is it the proper length for
the J-type?

Anything else make this a show stopper? I'm sure there are many details
to be worked out but I have to make an overdrive purchase decision and
the main gotchas are what I'm looking at now.

-Maurice