another bizzare Triumph moment

To: "CARS nass@yahoogroups." <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: another bizzare Triumph moment
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:59:21 -0500
Anyone with a Bentley Shop manual, The Complete Official Triumph GT6,
GT6+ & GT6 MKIII 1967-1973  (ISBN 0-8376-0120-7)

Take a good look at page 310. This is section 4-120A... it's a blow up
drawing of the roto flex suspension of the GT6.

QUESTION?...   Do you're own rotoflex outer (short) axles have
bolt 'legs' for the roto donut that are turned the way they are drawn
there. (legs turned back along the short outer shafts main body)
OR--- are your axles more like every other drawing, as an example
the roto drawing at http://www.spitbits.com/gt6.ht7.jpg  (legs point down
and away from main body of the shaft ...like a coat racks legs)

I ask this ...as right now my roto suspension is all together
but when I raise the upright to attach it to the leaf spring, the upper
end of the upright is about 1" proud of meeting the spring eye.

So if my axles were like that of the Bentley drawing, the axle assemblies
would be the roughly 1" shorter like I need to have them line up perfectly.
So right now it looks like if I had the reversed legged outer shafts....
I'd be driving the Beasty tomorrow!  As it is now, I ' sitting here
scratching my head.... what do I  have here?  I thought their was only one
rotoflex design under the back end here.

Oh... and has anyone ever seen a cracked spring top plate?  The six hole
plate on top the rear leaf spring was split down the middle, in line with
 the spring. It cracked LENGTHWISE, not widthwise.  The crack wasn't even
in line at opposite ends of the plate.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com