RE: [SPIT6CGT6] Converting GT6 trans to J type overdrive.

To: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: RE: [SPIT6CGT6] Converting GT6 trans to J type overdrive.
From: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 16:09:33 -0500
If you keep blowing out circlips, it suggests to me, that some

of your clearances of the gears and spacers might need checking.

You really shouldn't be able to forcibly pop them all too easily.

I've heard some people go to a spiral clip rather than just a C clip

(flat metal multi-turn spiral clip)   They are much more 'fixed'

when in place.   No... I hve no idea of the size of part number....

[David Templeton] In my case they are not popping off but actually
breaking, as in the case last time.  It came out of the gearbox in
exactly three pieces :-P

That makes sense, have it apart and recheck the clearances and spacing.

thanks