Re: roto-flex vs swing axle

To: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Subject: Re: roto-flex vs swing axle
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 05:49:55 -0800
Sorry for the late response, I have been out of the country for the last
couple of weeks

Actually the design was very good but complex and costly (actually slightly
better than the swing spring)- albiet a beast to repair.  The simple reason
that it was not used later on either or both cars was cost -
I converted my Spitfire to the roto flex WITH a swing spring and have never
regretted it!
>If this design was 'so good'....
>why wasn't it ever used on the later Spitfires? ... or the idea
>that the GT6 itself went back to the swing axle in '73.?

Barry Schwartz (San Diego)