Hub to flange spacing

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hub to flange spacing
From: "Paul Grafelman" <pdgrafelman@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:04:04 +0000
List,

Re-assembling the rear-end on my 77 Spit. Can anyone tell me the correct
distance from the outside face of the flange to the outside face of the hub
once assembled? I am concerned that I installed the hubs too far onto the
shafts. That or the flanges are not far enough on-to the shafts. Either way
my drums are not fitting correctly. Also, anyone know a good way to torque
the flange nuts (124 ft lbs) with the shafts installed?

You can see the flange installed here - not torqued down, but it should only
move slightly once it is.
http://www.owatonnacomputerservices.com/images/DSC00675.JPG

Here's the drum position, should be about 1/4 inch further in, right?
http://www.owatonnacomputerservices.com/images/DSC00680.JPG

And my overall handy-work (notice the heater, it's -8 F outside!!)
http://www.owatonnacomputerservices.com/images/DSC00677.JPG

Thanks List
Paul Grafelman