Re: Webers

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Webers
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 18:20:07 -0600
I had a vague recollection about an English gentleman proclaiming his
satisfaction with dual webers on his stock Spitfire. I asked him about the
setup and he said he didn't know specifics. It had been sorted out
professionally on a rolling road? He did say he would find out and let me
know the info. I was going to call for hunting the wretch down and hanging
him up by the balls for never disclosing this very desirable, to me anyway,
information. I could not remember a name.

After spending hours searching archives, I have a name. DAFFORN.

Sir you have valuable information. I should say you had valuable information
three years ago. How about sharing?

Larry

"Dear listers,
Finally managed to get the Webers tuned and a long journey under my belt
to see how they performed!
Well they ran smooth under all conditions (5 hours on a rolling road payed
off!) and showed no sign of fuel vaporisations even after hacking along at
80 mph and then having to queue in traffic for 30 mins!
But the biggest revelation was the efficiency!
36 mpg (at motorway speeds 60mph-80mph), way better than what had been
predicted by most (<20mpg).
just shows, a well set up pair of webers is a usable system
Cheers
Tim"