Spring compressor pics and fuel lines

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spring compressor pics and fuel lines
From: "Paul Grafelman" <pdgrafelman@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 02:00:08 +0000
List,

Thanks to all that helped with my brake line question earlier today.

I realized that I never posted the promised pics of the coil spring
compressor that I built using plans from the Internet.

http://www.owatonnacomputerservices.com/images/spitfire/Picture%20009.jpg
http://www.owatonnacomputerservices.com/images/spitfire/Picture%20010.jpg
http://www.owatonnacomputerservices.com/images/spitfire/Picture%20011.jpg

It worked perfectly, and was simple (and cheap) to make.

I'm now considering running the fuel line along the passenger side frame
rail vs. the drivers side. Two reasons for this, I'll be able to mount the
electric fuel pump on the frame instead of in the boot (no room on the
drivers side frame rail with the brake line installed), and two, it will let
me avoid running a line over the clutch housing and behind the motor in the
engine compartment (less likley to vapor lock?). Of course it might then be
way to close to the header. Anyone else tried this? Should I just stick with
the stock setup?

Chassis pics - nearly ready to paint and install the body...
http://www.owatonnacomputerservices.com/images/spitfire/Picture%20002.jpg
http://www.owatonnacomputerservices.com/images/spitfire/Picture%20003.jpg

Paul Grafelman
77 Spitfire

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!