Re: Smith's Dual gauge

To: MKCASPIAN1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Smith's Dual gauge
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:07:32 -0500
The oil pressure sender unit definitely can fail!  A new one is cheap
and easy to find.

But it's trivial to diagnose the problem:
Try disconnecting the wire from the sender.  If the light stays on,
you have a problem somewhere else.

(This assumes you have a one-wire sender.  If it has more wires, disconnect
all of them).

Doug Braun
'72 Spit