How to remove rear big end bearing cap?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: How to remove rear big end bearing cap?
From: Spitfire 1500 <s1500@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 23:30:16 -0600
It was a warm day in Minnesota, and we mean 37 degrees.
Fired up the heater, and got to work on removing the oil pan.
The parts even came in after 3 days from VB.
After several hours, pan is out. Yay.

Problem: I can't seem to get the rearmost big end bearing cap off. I can wiggle
it forwards & backwards a tiny bit, but it won't budge in any other direction.
Looking at the diagrams and such, I don't see how this is possible. Should
I tap gently on the crankshaft a bit rearword? It seems from the tiny view
I have, thrust bearings are in there.

Talk about irony. On my drive home, my MINI's battery is super-low on charge,
not enough to start. I had to get a jump start home. I try to start the engine
again in the garage, and it's back to its insufficient charge state. Ugh.

===     http://www.vtr.org