Re: DGV choke cable

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DGV choke cable
From: Tim Schuh <tim@ugly.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:32:43 -0600
John Innis wrote:

> Attached are some pics of the DGV on my '76 1500.  The DGV has a choke
> cable mount that sits just above the throttle cable arm.  The choke
> cable is the black one, it runs along the back of the valve cover with
> the fuel line.  Note also the special throttle cable linkage I created
> to get the secondary to the point where it would open all the way.  My
> choke cable cable is attached to the standare weber mount and then
> runs through the firewall into the dash.  I have a choke cable from a
> EU spec 1500 mounted just to the right of the steering column.  I like
> this cable of the cheap auto parts store variety because the knob
> matches the dash of the Spit better.
>
> John

        Thanks John.  That helps quite a bit.  Unfortunately I don't seem to
have the choke cable braket attached to my carb.  I'll dig through the
box of 'extra parts' that came with the car and see if I can locate
something approximating that.  If anything else I now see where it's
supposed to mount and can fab something up if needed.
        What do you have your throttle return spring attached to?  My current
trottle setup should allow full throttle once I've trimmed the throttle
lever but as so many other DGV owners have found, getting back to idle
is problematic at best.

TSchuh

===     http://www.vtr.org