Re: The ragtop is here

To: s1500@comcast.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The ragtop is here
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 15:55:31 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: s1500@comcast.net

...the new Robbins ragtop is here....Any good solid instructions on how
install the button snaps? I have not the slightest inkling on how to
install the
buttons(especially the female ends) , and it looks like you only have 1
shot at
it.

==AM==
Take a look at
<http://hometown.aol.com/herald1200/database/tonneau2a.jpg>, which
shows the approximate dimensions of the "special tool" for doing this.
As someone else mentioned, such a tool and the "anvil" that goes with
it are usually readily available in any decent hardware store (along
with extra snaps, usually of as good quality as those supplied with new
tops). The tool is so inexpensive that, in my experience, there's no
reason to improvise with anything else.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>

===     http://www.vtr.org