Another project for sale!

To: nass@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Another project for sale!
From: "TEGLER,PAUL" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 11:02:41 -0600
Well... I'm offering it up here before it goes to Ebay and
or the papers.  'The Bastard Child' is now avail. for the
next owner to play with.   This is the '76 Spit based
Spit6 Project car asembled by the p.o. that has the wacked
out bonnet cutup to clear the Webers that were stolen of
the car.)

I'll get newer pics and a full write up posted in the next
couple of days here.

Since it's aquisition, my only goal was to get it in
driveable condition so I could see what the extra weight
of the 6 cyl up front felt like in a Spit.

Current stats - (all replaced within the last 200 miles)
new tires. New Konis all the way around.  No o/d. Tranny
shifts smooth and clean, now that I've replaced/rebuilt
the shift lever pivot. Brake pads all look new as well.
All electrics now work. I insulated and properly installed
the fibglass tranny tunnel.  I've installed a rebuilt
distributor, so the sparking end of things are fine now.
Good balanced compression across all cyls. (KD rprefix
engine)   All hydraulics are functional, although I'd say
replace the rubber brake hoses and rebleed the brakes
(maybe that's just me... but better to know the 'real'
state of safety related stuff). Carbs need a bit of
attention. It runs and drives, but a bit dodgy until
warmed up. Sometimes one carb dribbles gas, sometimes it
doesn't so I'd say a good cleaning is in order.  No rips
or tears in the ragtop...but could use some adjusting.
Rear window not yellowed. I've got a pair of clean rebiult
seats, and a used but servicable carpet kit that can go
with the car. Also a replacement bonnet...might be
included might not. (it's even the correct color match to
the rest of the car!)

Body has a few surface rust spots in places (not through)
One or two smaller 'needs attention' spots on the lower
rear quarters. The frame is solid. Brand new stainless
steel downpipe and center resonator exhaust pipes with a
custom rear exhaust box. (sounds ggREAT!)

pics and text coming soon.
...now taking offers...ideas...wise cracks   :-)
(oh...located in Severn MD... just 10 minutes south of BWI
Airport)  I'm considering an Ebay b.i.n. in the range of
2.0-2.2K

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com

===     http://www.vtr.org