Re: crank pulley diameters

To: ptegler@cablespeed.com, "CARS nass@yahoogroups."
Subject: Re: crank pulley diameters
From: "Chas. Schlismann" <racegt6@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:24:01 -0800 (PST)
ptegler@cablespeed.com wrote:     Found an oddity this I've not seen before.
While removing the crank damper
from my 'running stand' GT6 engine, I noticed the fan belt pulley was much
smaller than most I've seen before. Big Red's (late MKIII GT6) pulley, and
the two other spare engines here... one a KFxxxx , and one a KDxxx , both
have fan belt crank damper pulleys the same diameter as the damper( 5.85") .
But this one is (on another KD engine) is much smaller than the damper at
just a hair under 4.6"

Paul,
  The smaller pulley sounds right to me.  From afar, I just eyeballed an engine
in the shed and the pulley was way small.  It is probably a KC.  If you want I
could take measurements on my various pulleys, but it may be a day or two as
the the shed door has a Maginot Line of dog doo that won't be breached by my
these tender feet.  I will let my wife have the honor of providing a beachhead
tomorrrow (D-D day).
  Charlie

===     http://www.vtr.org