RE: front swaybar

To: "'Larry Vaughan'" <ljvaughan@pldi.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: front swaybar
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:34:04 -0700
The situation you describe will in all likelihood cause massive understeer.

With the rear suspension pretty well remaining as delivered from the
factory, and adding significant stiffness to the front, you are bound to
push.  The resolution is to add equal stiffness to the rear by increasing
spring stiffness, adding a sway bar or a combination of both.

You can also remedy the problem by reducing the front stiffness.  How much
will be determined by trial and error a little at a time until you achieve
the results and handling you desire.

Joe