Re: [TR] Rumbling GT6+

To: spitlist@cox.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Rumbling GT6+
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 22:02:54 EDT
In a message dated 6/7/2006 9:06:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spitlist@cox.net writes:

Darrell,
Are the axles hanging down while you are doing this  test?  If they are, you
ought to jack then up and prop something under  the uprights so that there is
not such an extreme amount of flex.   That might account for  that
observation.

Joe

Yes Joe,
I thought about that too. I will support the whole assembly and try to
rotate the wheel again.  What is disturbing is that the other side seems  fine
and
the hump is very pronounced on the offending side.  The u-joints  look fine
and are new, the couplings are new, the bearings are new but I fear  they may
have been installed "seat of the pants" without the aid  of the proper tools.
These Rotoflex Axles are quite weird!
Thanks,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org