Re: Diff and Trans Oil

To: Matthew Milkevitch <mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Diff and Trans Oil
From: Jon McLeroy <jfm@spyderinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 22:15:54 -0500
Matt

Per Penrite's Lubrication Recommendation Sheet for Spits, GT6, Herald,
Vitesse & Bond

The Rear ends should be using Hypoid 80W/90.  Not straight gear oil.

Please advise if you would like a Penrite brochure packet with your mailing
address and I will include the above mentioned sheet.

Thanks
Jon
At 06:50 PM 7/5/06, you wrote:
>Fellow Listers;
>
>   What type of gear oil are we supposed to use in the diff and trans of
> our Spits?  I've heard that GL 4 is the way to go, however I can't seem
> to find it at any of my local auto parts stores.  All I can locate is GL
> 5.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
>   Thanks,
>
>   Matt Milkevitch
>   '77 Spit

Classic Auto Lubes
12803 CR 1222
Tyler, Tx.  75709
Ph: 903-561-4858
Fax: 903-561-7177
Email: jfm@spyderinternet.com
www.classicautolubes.com

--
Spydernet has scanned this message for viruses and
dangerous content.

===     http://www.vtr.org