RE: Diff and Trans Oil

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Diff and Trans Oil
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 22:41:57 -0400
GL5 eats away the copper and brass parts.  From what I hear, it's more of a
problem with the diff, you can *probably* get away with it in the
transmission
(unless you have overdrive).

But why risk it?  I was able to find GL4 on the shelf at our local NAPA
store.  At
the very least, they can probably order it for you.  Also check any local
speed shops
or agricultural equipment stores as they will also possibly carry it.

Failing that, you can order from one of the usual parts suppliers.

Best!

Greg Rowe

===     http://www.vtr.org