RE: China to build new MG's

To: <jblair1948@cox.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: China to build new MG's
From: "Joe & Lowetta" <joe@ados.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 21:16:35 -0700
Nope John,

Just snooped around on the topic, and the story you sent out was from august
of last year, and the announcement was made on Wednesday this past week that
they will in fact be building the car in Oklahoma starting in late 2008.
Only the coupe model will be built in the US, the TF roadster will be built
in the old Longbridge Rover factory in the UK.  The car is being built from
design plans from the company prior to the financial collapse, so hopefully
it will be a quality product.

Joe

---- Henry Stike <stiker2126@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Did anyone else hear on the news yesterday that China is going to
> build a plant in Oklahoma and start building the little MG again.....
> From CNN...

Donald,

No.  I thought the hole MG China deal went down the drain:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/BUSINESS/04/08/mgrover.history/index.html

John

Where Speed & Service Have Always Mattered @ http://www.ados.net

===     http://www.vtr.org