RE: 1500 project car for sale, Bedford, England

To: "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thFoot.com>,
Subject: RE: 1500 project car for sale, Bedford, England
From: "Gosling, Richard" <r.gosling@penspen.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:07:33 +0100
">Richard (now driving Sammy the Black Tulip '73 MG BGT)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   Talk about going over to the dark side! <g>"

Yeah, well, I love Triumphs and MGs.  I appreciate the friendly rivalry,
but don't subscribe to it myself.  I had a Black Tulip BGT before I got
Daffy, that was the car I had when my wife and I married and we went on
honeymoon together in.  When an identical car (and it is a rare colour,
only made for one year) appeared for sale, cheap and local, in need of
loving care to return it to the road, I had to have it!  My wife always
preferred the MG, more spacious, more comfortable, not so much of a
go-cart, she would fight me for the keys to the MG but never the
Spitfire, so it was easier to get her approval to buy another BGT than
to get another Spitfire too.

I like the idea of the 2500.  Funny, just the other day I was secretly
hoping my daily driver Audi 80 seriously fails it's MOT later this year
(not likely, it usually passes with pretty minor repairs), as a
2000/2.5PI would make a nice replacement for it.

If yours is a 2500 (rather than a 2.5PI) that makes it pre-facelift,
right?

I can understand your desire to sell Carly to someone who wants to
repair rather than dismantle, but I fear that if both the chassis and
body are toast, you may have trouble - and it's hard to enforce what
anyone decides to do with her once her V5 has changed hands.

Richard

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged.
If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return E-mail
and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use or dissemination
of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that
E-mails are susceptible to change.

The Penspen Group shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any
delay in its receipt or damage to your system. The Penspen Group does not
guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that
this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.

===     http://www.vtr.org