Re: Common rattles

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Common rattles
From: Spitfire <spitfire@macakin.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 06:50:02 -0700
Yes - I had that type of looseness.  The spacers were just not there
anymore.  So what I did was use a piece of old hose from the emissions
canister, slice it longitudinally (sp?), stuffed it in the bolt hole of the
hinge and pounded the bolt back in.  works like a dream.

   craigsbaggy@bigpond.com wrote:

> Hello Howard
> I don't know if this holds true for the 1500 but, on the MKIII, the hinges
> should have a tubular spacer inside. this fits around the bolt.
>
> If it is the wrong diameter [too loose] or too short, the bonnet will
rattle
> and vibrate at the front even at idle.
>
> You can check by holding the front of the bonnet on either side and try to
> move it up and down.
> If you feel any slop then check the spacers.
>
> Regards

    Craig Davis

===     http://www.vtr.org