Help with dieseling

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help with dieseling
From: "OKCSpitfire" <OKCSpitfire@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 23:09:53 -0500
Hello Listers, I have a question concerning dieseling. I have a stock 76
Spitfire 1500 with a freshly rebuilt ZS carb and electronic distributor. I
believe the distributor is stock but have not taken a close look to see if
it has any Pertronix markings on it. Car starts and runs good but it diesels
during acceleration and runs on after killing the engine. Since it is an
electronic distibutor I am not sure about adjusting the timing or what ever
else I can do.With gas over 3.00 per gallon I don't really want to start
using Premium grade gas.  Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jerry Stasyszen