RE: Help with dieseling

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Help with dieseling
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:27:45 -0400
Hi Jerry.

Despite the electronic ignition, you still need to set the timing.  You
should use a strobe light
and set to the specs on the decal under the bonnet.  The 1976 models were
high compression
and I believe called for premium gas anyway, you can retard the timing to
use regular gas, but
the car will lose some power and likely the mpg reduction will offset the
pump cost savings.

If you're using regular gas, that alone may be your problem.

Best!

Greg Rowe

===     http://www.vtr.org