Hardware for asembling top frame

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Hardware for asembling top frame
From: Paul-Ernest Levesque <pelevesque@globetrotter.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:44:47 -0400
I had to disassembled the top frame to replace different parts that was
somewhat twist of my Spit MK3 1970 that mean remove rivets, I am wandering
if some thin hardware do exist, I seen on a picture of later Spit top frame
a different hardware (something like two thin dome that seem to screw
together).
Since I wish to dismantle the complete top and reassembling after sand
blasting priming and paint, it would be super to install some modern
hardware instead of steel rivets. Any idea inside this experience group. I
have a perfect hand squeezer for aluminium rivet but steel rivet .
All of you a very nice day
Paul-Ernest

===     http://www.vtr.org