RE: Sagging suspension and other issues

To: spitlist@cox.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Sagging suspension and other issues
From: "alan watt" <alwatt33@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 14:18:33 +0000
Joe,

I apologise for any bashing, it was late and i was a little terse.

The reason I was bringing this up is because I have experienced the wheel
tuck and I really do believe, as you do, that the fixed spring is dangerous.

In the UK it is a simple and cheap fix to move to swing spring and a stiffer
front roll bar, both readily available new or secondhand and can be fitted
even by an amateur in a couple of hours. It really is something that is easy
and simple to do and I would recommend everyone to do it.

A camber compensator may be better at the extremes - I really don't know. I
do have a friend who was doing a phd on F1 suspension and he always talked
about low unsprung weight being a key part of good suspension, but the real
key is that the fixed spring is dangerous and if you have it something
should be done.

===     http://www.vtr.org