Re: Spitfire Water pump

To: <NASS-club@yahoogroups.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Spitfire Water pump
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:17:08 -0700
Andy,
Did you ever watch one of those chorus lines of skaters that are spinning in
a circle?  The girl on the inside is barely spinning but those skating to
latch on have to skate faster and faster to catch the end of the line and it
gets even gaster the larger the line becomes.

That is the operational data that I am working from here.  But I forgot to
think that the water pump pulley is not driving the belt but following it.
It is the crankshaft that is driving it with the larger pulley moving the
impeller of thw water pump faster.  So I guess you found the fault with my
thought pattern.

Oh well, I guess if the alternator needs to spin faster, I will have to make
its pulley larger.

But it was a good thought while it lasted!  :)

Joe