Re: Spitfire Water pump

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@cox.net>, NASS-club@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: Spitfire Water pump
From: Bob Van Kirk <racerbob70@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:27:18 -0800 (PST)
Joe,
  No No, in order to increase the RPM of the
alternater you will have to decrease the size of it's
pulley.  Look at alternaters on todays cars, the
pulley is about 2" in dia.  Lets use an example, your
traveling down a road in your LBC with 13" wheels at
say 30MPH and right beside you is a tractor trailer
traveling at the same speed with very large wheels.
Whose wheels are turning faster??????

--- Joe Curry <spitlist@cox.net> wrote:
> Oh well, I guess if the alternator needs to spin
> faster, I will have to make
> its pulley larger.
>
> But it was a good thought while it lasted!  :)
>
> Joe

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com

===     http://www.vtr.org