Re: [Spits] GT6 Bump Steer

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] GT6 Bump Steer
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 01:01:54 -0400
On 14 Aug 2007 at 20:35, ptegler@cablespeed.com wrote:

> ??? bump steer?  ... I can't say I've EVER notice bump steer as
> an issue.

Nor can I.  Been driving a Spitfire for 20 years and a GT6 for maybe
5 and I've never felt anything I'd worry about like that.

Bump steer could happen if the length of the tie rod isn't the same
as the effective A-arm length at that height, or if the outer end of
the tie rod doesn't follow a similar arc as the A-arms.  I've never
bothred to measure things like that but my memory says they aren't
far out of whack if they are at all.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com