Re: [Spits] >>NASS help on mounting 1500 hardtop needed

To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>, <NASS-club@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: [Spits] >>NASS help on mounting 1500 hardtop needed
From: "ptegler" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:35:05 -0400
see **** injected in your email below

Paul Tegler  ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Harve Thorn" <maya2blue@juno.com>
To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>; <NASS-club@yahoogroups.com>;
<spitfires@autox.team.net>; <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:13 AM
Subject: >>NASS help on mounting 1500 hardtop needed

**** correct

> B. What bolt is needed for the front connection (through the spacer tube)
>  I see and read references to both a headed bolt and an all-threaded
> bolt. The front bolts that I have are headed. Which is supposed to be
> used?
a headed bolt and flat washer.... be caeful of the length so it doesn't go
too far through and dentth sheet metal of the hardtop

> C. I have read several comments re the "underside of the hardtop where it
> rests on the read edge."  Apparently the top can damage the paint on the
> rear deck. I have the "seals" that are noted in the various catalogs. I
> have read that different people have done different things to protect
> this area - everything from thicker "seals" to using the "c" shaped
> chrome door edge guard molding to trim the bottom edge. Suggestions?
*****Just dont crank it down that tight. The stock heavy pads if installed
correctly will stop it from hitting the paint work. I too use the door
chrome edge gaurd just to be safe.