Re: [Spits] Chrome to Rubber bumpers happened....?

To: mike.vasquez@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Spits] Chrome to Rubber bumpers happened....?
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 17:44:44 EDT
In a message dated 7/5/2008 1:20:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mike.vasquez@gmail.com writes:

For some  reason, I had always thought '75 was the last year of chrome
bumpers, then  somewhere I thought it was '78, but then I saw a '78
that apeared to have  bumper, and got all confused.  Can someone
authoritatively straighten  me out?

Mike,
My 76 has the big rubber bumper extensions on a chrome bumper, similar to
the TR6.  I am going to say that this is the transition year to that  type. In
79 perhaps and definitely in 80 a full rubber bumper  appeared w/o chrome on
the Triumph Spitfire.
Darrell

fuel-efficient used cars.