Re: [Spits] Chrome to Rubber bumpers happened....?

To: mike.vasquez@gmail.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Chrome to Rubber bumpers happened....?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 00:28:37 EDT
In a message dated 7/5/2008 1:20:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mike.vasquez@gmail.com writes:

For some  reason, I had always thought '75 was the last year of chrome
bumpers, then  somewhere I thought it was '78, but then I saw a '78
that apeared to have  bumper, and got all confused.  Can someone
authoritatively straighten  me out?

==AM==
1974 was the first model year to have anything of substance, in the form of
the rear frame extensions and the almost cone-shaped rubber overriders front
and  rear. In 1975, they went to the big, more squared-off rubber overriders
front  and rear, and the rear bumper also got that big overlay in the center
section.

The "all-rubber" front and rear bumpers came in for mid-1979 and continued
through the end of sales of the Spitfire in the US.

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

fuel-efficient used cars.