Re: Name calling

To: <mathysj@kenyon.edu>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Name calling
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 97 16:05:25 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On 10/19/97 1:41 PM so and so  mathysj@kenyon.edu said. (And I quote)

>I wrote:
>> cars manufactured after the Sprite was discontinued cannot
>> accurately be called "Spridgets".
>
>Roger Garnett response:
>
>Sure can- the term referrs to the fact that they all use the same basic body
>pan, suspension, and running gear. I might grant an exception for the '75-79
>cars, as molested by B(FS)L- they can be reffered to as Midge-fires, or
>Spit-gets, or possibly just "an abomination", depengine on your view
>

>  So I say "I'll call it a Spridget" - though maybe the 75-79 are step
>children
>of an incestuous British Leyland relationship (though I guess MG was tne
>victim
>and not the vicitmizer).
>
>  Go Fast MG
>
>  Jeff
>
>  77 midget
Whoa Wait a minute. I thought this list was a reaction to the "Big Iron"
guys A's, B's 3000/6's etc. Are we going to get into a debate about what
is a Spridget? I love mine. On my trip down Skyline last summer the only
person in another LBC that took the time to talk to us was in a 62
Sprite. And he could well see that it was rubber bumpered MG. Jeez give
the Marque wars a rest before they get started.

Larry Macy
78 Midget