RE: what is this?!?

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: what is this?!?
From: Bert Kleinschmidt <kleinschmidt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 19:04:25 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Adrian,

I agree that putting down any range of years of these cars is nonsense
given the intent of this list.  This is my own personal guess, but I suspect
that the majority of the people on this list look at these cars differently
than that however.  Quite a few people on this list have more than one
Spridget covering a range of years.  They have come to know that any
year Spridget has its good points and bad points.

In the three I have (59, 65, & 69) I see an amazing number of differences
and similarities.  I curse the fact that throughout these years a minor
rear end collision crumples the rear of the car like a soda can--a problem
that was fixed with the rubber bumpers.  The early two cars have single
circuit braking systems and non-collapsing steering columns, seriously
detracting from their safety.

I don't think I would seriously consider a daily commute in the a 59 or 65,
but I probably would in a 78.  I like the looks and ride height of the 60s
Spridgets a bit better than the late 70s ones (though I have to admit
the more I look at the previously poorly fixed rear end damage on my
59 and 69 cars the better the rubber bumpered cars look   8^)

The flat panels and simple interiors make the earlier cars easier to
restore and maintain in the long run I think.

One of the things I really like about these cars is their diversity.

Regards,
Bert Kleinschmidt